Monday, October 20, 2014

Woooosh! There went another week!

Wow!  Ya'll have been busy!  I've been trying to catch up on my blog reading and commenting and ya'll have been blogging, knitting, stitching, re-modeling, traveling, and doing all kinds of great stuff!  I'm amazed at all the great posts I saw this morning.  Unfortunately, the feed stopped working and wouldn't load anymore.  I'll try again this afternoon and see if I can catch up on some more.

I, on the other hand...feel like I've been spinning my wheels and can't seem to get much accomplished at all.  I've been so busy but my to-do list seems to keep growing faster than I can even start to catch up.  And, there seems to be little that's worthy of a blog post.  I keep hoping each week that things will turn around and I'll start to feel like I'm accomplishing things, catching up, and getting back to regular blogging.  In the meantime, here's a little snippet of last week...

I can't believe it's been a week since I posted this on Instagram.  It was Monday morning and I needed coffee badly!  The caption was, "Monday morning must have...please work your magic".  Luckily, it did and the day improved.  This Monday seems to be starting out better.


Exercise?!  Hah!  It's a good idea and I've been trying to get back to it.  I've been feeling more like Penelope on this subject though.  I like her way of using the treadmill!...


These aren't much of an accomplishment but they are some things I started and finished last week...two Kumihimo cords.  They're fun, easy and I can do it while I watch TV in the evening and don't feel like doing anymore that day.  And, it feels like an accomplishment...even though it's small.  This one is made with cotton yarn from my stash.  It's over two yards long.  I'm not sure what I'll do with it but it'll be great in the trim stash or for wrapping a gift someday.


My daughter made one in these colors and it was so pretty that I made one too.
Just used some leftovers from my yarn stash.  I love these colors together.


I measured out some yarn last week and started warping my loom for a kitchen towel.  Yup, one kitchen towel.  I really goofed when I read the yardage on the yarn label and may not even have enough for one.  But, I'm trying.  I even went to their store to get more but they'd sold out at the fiber festival.  I learned my lesson...read more carefully and ask questions!  I posted this on Instagram...Penelope was supervising...


I love that little girl so much!  She's extra snuggly lately since the weather started cooling down.  She loves to sleep next to me every night and now she's starting to snuggle under the covers.  In fact, she often stays in bed for a while after I get up.  And, sometimes, she even goes back to bed and has figured out how to cover herself up.  So cute!


We picked up our daughter yesterday at her condo and drove to Pasadena for the day.  She attended a harp workshop/class lead by a famous and amazing harpist named, Deborah Henson-Conant.  Hubby and I went for coffee while she was there and I did a little knitting.  The weather was perfect!


A couple hours later, we picked our daughter up, drove around and looked at some of the magnificent homes in Pasadena, and went out for dinner.  Then, we went back to the house the workshop had been held for an in-home Deborah Henson-Conant concert.  Well, actually, it was in the backyard, under trees and little lights, and only about 50 other guests.  It was great!  Deborah's amazing, talented, unique, and inspiring!

We'd seen Deborah on a PBS concert years ago.  She inspired my daughter with how the harp doesn't have to just fit into a classical box...that there are more possibilities.  Our daughter has been impressing us and others ever since with beautiful, unexpected, and amazing ways to use the harp.  Beyond classical to jazz, blues, Latin, rock, and other unique music.  Our daughter met Deborah and learned from her last summer at the harp conference we drove to in New Orleans.  Our daughter will be performing one of Deborah's pieces, "Baroque Flamenco", in her senior college recital this year.  And, she'll be competing with it in a concerto competition next month.  Exciting!

And, now, woosh!...it's Monday again!  My list has been started for the day and I'm sure it will grow.  But, I can cross blogging off my list for today.  Fingers crossed that it'll be a productive week and that I'll have much more to blog about very soon!

Have a wonderful week!

11 comments:

Jo said...

Look at that equipment - amazing. I think I have enough on the go before I start weaving but you are tempting me. Jo x

Laney said...

Oh wow on the harp. My step mums sister plays the harp, its a truly beautiful and complicated instrument to play! Love the snuggly picture of the cat, so sweet :) I too have been chasing my tail but having joined up to Blogtoberfest and a post a day for the month I am finding it hard going to find something to blog about! Would love to hear that concert.

mamasmercantile said...

Your daughter sounds like a talented lady you must be really proud attending a concert she is in. Have a productive week.

September Violets said...

I'm pushing blogging to a back seat lately if I have things I really want to work on. I understand how you're feeling. Penelope is so cute in the all the photos of her. You must be so happy for your daughter to have progressed so well with her harp. The concert sounds lovely! Wendy x

Amy at love made my home said...

It sounds like a very blog worthy week to me! xx

Andrea Ostapovitch said...

That is how I've been using my treadmill all summer! You have a great week too!

Michelle said...

You have a sweet kitty. Nice to hear that your daughter has found someone so inspiring.

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Oh Penelope is adorable, such a sweet face, she looks mighty content under the covers. Wow, to using a loom, what a skill. How wonderful that your daughter has the gift of music, I believe it is truly a gift...you either have it or you don't, and it sounds like she has it!

Carol

Delighted Hands said...

Glad for the daughter-connect; always encouraging, isn't it?! The cords are very pretty, I would use them as straps on a woven bag!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is some story about your daughter's harp experiences! I love listening to the harp... Sounds like you had a perfect family day! I haven't knit a thing for months... my mojo just isn't there right now. I'm back to playing with paper and scissors and glue! LOL! Too many different interests... I feel like a yo-yo...
I'm trying to be more consistent with blogging again... back on blogger.. I know, I just can't make up my mind about much of anything lately... *sigh* and now winter is on its way... brrrrrr!
Hugs,
Beth P

judith said...

I would love to hear your daughter play. You should make some YouTube videos of her! Love the pink sock yarn too!